Friday, April 17, 2009

Tampa in review...

Yet another airport blog! Yay!

I'm watching the sun come up at Gate 10, Terminal T. I'm headed for L.A. and then off to San Francisco for a few days. The whole reason for my trip is to shoot for a company called Brazzers, however, because the other girl decided to reschedule, the shoot was canceled. Somehow, I knew this would happen. Although I don't mind doing g/g, this has made me realize that I cannot do it and travel into the city. Thank god I didn't get tested! I would've been out another $150 like last month and the month before. I love that the industry is regulated, but if I'm not going to use the test, it's really frustrating to HAVE it done, spend the money, and not use it at all. So for now, I'm keeping the g/g mostly exclusive to my site, which I think my members will appreciate!

Tampa went well! Traveling with Isobel is great because we know to give each other space, but it's nice to have company with someone and split travel expenses. We stayed with her friend Joe, which ended up not working out as planned, and we were rescued by a nice photography couple for the last two days of our trip!

Usually when I'm at the beach, I barely get to go once, but in between shoots, or in the evening, Isobel and I tried to walk along the beach at least every other day! Photos on the way! We also made twitter blogs to go with them! :D

I decided that LA over the summer as a trial run isn't in the cards right now. I'd rather travel to other parts of the country that I haven't really spent much time working in.... so I'm excited! I know LA is my future, and there isn't any avoiding it, but for now, I think I want to spend a little more time on the road and move when it's the best time.

Isobel and I went back to Atlanta instead of Miami, which is a totally dead market... apparently... and I made the most money this week than I ever have in the city! Damn, when did all this paying work happen? Best part is, they're almost all websites, so that's regular work! :D Huzzah!

Now my flight is boarding....so my nap will soon begin! Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. Yep , Miami ALWAYS has been a Dead market all the years I had my site and now with my Clips/Images4sale sites. I usually get 2 models a month here for my sites which is about my budget. It used to be models came here and had other Paid shoots while they were here but now seems Miami is all trade except for me :( That does not bring much talent here .

    ReplyDelete