Saturday, March 21, 2009

the doom fog and the following calm.

Well, I live an exciting life. Out of all my bookings, only one has held true. One has rescheduled for Monday, and we'll see if that happens. This trip has made me realize the truth of LA, the reason why everyone eventually moves here.....because it's not worth traveling into....This city is too goddamn expensive to travel to and all the people are too damn flaky for a traveling nude model to expect her bookings to stay on track.

I swear it's the medicinal marijuana in the air. 

Naturally, if I lived here, it would be awesome. I'm a laid back chick, avoiding the clutches of schedules and 9am clock ins. I want to go to school, but I want to settle down to study, and the places I've lived are not the places I want to stay for 2 or 4 years. 

I'm the kind of person that once I decided I need to do something....I do it fast. Well, I've decided. I talked to the boy, and although it would suck to leave, it's something I want to do. If I like it, he says he'll move out in 6 months, but I have to try it on my own til then. 

It will take me 5-7 days to drive my car across the country to LA. 5-7 days because I will pick up paid gigs along the way to help my moving expenses. LA is a transitional city and really caters to people moving in. I've found some cool rooms to rent, and will finally get to learn how to surf.

Now, the last question for myself is late April or May? I'll figure this out on Wednesday....

to my next adventure! :D





2 comments:

  1. It's true, I am in LA now and only one paid gig hasn't canceled on me either. I will however contact a few others whom I lost but rediscovered their contact information. At least in LA what you lose you can rebook quickly.

    ReplyDelete